Discovery Prize winner
The jury of DISCOVERY was convinced by the stand of Harlan Levey Projects, presenting three engaging artists: Ella Littwitz (from Israel, living and working in Berlin and Israël), Emmanuel Van der Auwera (Brussels) and Haseeb Ahmed (Brussels-Zurich). The prize is supported by Moleskine.
The DISCOVERY prize is awarded every year to the gallery with the best presentation in the DISCOVERY section. The DISCOVERY section contains about 30 galleries presenting younger-generation artists and is an important part of Art Brussels ‘discovery’ profile. Art Brussels wishes to encourage the work of these galleries, which support emerging artists, and has therefore instigated a prize since 2013, which is awarded each year to the gallery that has made the most original and engaging presentation in the fair. This year's jury members are:
- Frédéric de Goldschmidt | Collector
- Dimitri Jeurissen | Collector & founding partner Base Design
- Nicolas Lewis | Founder and editor-in-chief The Word Magazine
- Matteo Lucchetti | Curator BAK (Utrecht)
- Philippe Van Cauteren | Artistic Director S.M.A.K. (Ghent)